Tuesday, March 17, 2015

White House to Eliminate FOIA to Boost Transparency

In an effort to increase transparency the White House has eliminated the Freedom of Information Office.
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters he encourages citizens to submit requests, he however had no address to which requests be submitted or knowledge of procedures on how requests will be handled.
The White House is currently observing Sunshine Week, which is a celebration to highlight the importance of transparency laws.
Said President Obama – “I made a campaign promise to be the most transparent administration in history.  And as such, I will continue to provide the American public with the information they deserve.  So, if you can figure out the person in my White House who handles FOIA requests go ahead and send them an email and cc me because I currently do not know either. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment